BASc (Southeast, China), PhD (Toronto), PEng
Endowed Value-Added Wood and Composite Chair
Dr. Yan specializes in forest-based biomaterials science and composites, bio-based adhesives and adhesion, digital printing, and surface sciences of paper. Currently, her research group is focused on developing novel environmentally-friendly green bio-based composites, producing green chemicals using renewable forestry biomass as feedstock, and engineering the next generation high valued paper based products.
Areas of study:
- Green chemicals and adhesives from forestry biomass conversion,
- Green bio-based composites and products from renewable forestry resources,
- Development of novel nanocellulose crystal based composite films,
- Development of light weight sandwich panels for construction and automotive applications,
- Paper-based inexpensive sensors and devices
- Bark biorefinery project.
FOR 1001H : Graduate Seminar
FOR 1270H : Forest Biomaterial Sciences
FOR 3000H : Current Issues in Forest Conservation
FOR 400Y : Advanced Seminar in Forest Conservation
FOR 300H : Forest Products in Sustainable Forestry
CHE 575H : Biocomposite Materials: Mechanics and Bio-Inspiration