Every year, the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC) offers the Undergraduate Student Research Awards (USRA) to stimulate students’ interest in research in the natural sciences and engineering field, and to encourage students to undertake graduate studies and pursue a research career in these fields.
The Faculty of Forestry is allocated several awards each year. These awards allow students the opportunity to participate in research with an eligible faculty member. The 16-week full-time summer NSERC USRAs will begin on May 1, 2019 and carry a total value of $5,625 ($4,500 award + $1,125 supplement).
Eligible Faculty Members:
- Professor John Caspersen
- Professor Shashi Kant
- Professor Jay Malcolm
- Professor David Martell
- Professor Sandy Smith
- Professor Sean Thomas
You must make contact with a potential supervisor on your own and together you will proceed through the application process.
Documents and Resources:
- Program Guidelines
- Student Eligibility
- Supervisor Eligibility
- Application Instructions
- Must be completed with the student and supervisor’s original signatures
- Answers to common questions on Student Eligibility, Supervisor Eligibility, Work Term Duration & Location, and Application Procedures
- Form 202 is to be completed online on the NSERC On-Line System. Follow their instructions.
- Part I is to be completed by the student
- An official transcript is required. Attach a PDF copy to Part I of the online form. Submit the original paper copy with the hard copy of the application to Laura Lapchinski, Forestry Undergraduate Administer.
- Part II is to be completed by the proposed supervisor (the eligible faculty member).
- Handwritten applications will not be accepted.
- Application Checklist
- Refer to this checklist to ensure Form 202 Part I and Part II are completed properly.
Questions can be directed to Laura Lapchinski at 416-978-5480 or email@example.com
Submit a hard copy of the application by 4:00pm on Friday, March 1, 2019 to Room ES1016E at the Faculty of Forestry, 33 Willcocks Street (Attention: Laura Lapchinski).