The date by which all parts of the online application must be completed (e.g., biography, education, program of study, reference contact and payment).
The date by which all applicable documents, including references, transcripts, CV, letter of intent/interest and writing sample, must be received by the department. Applications cannot be reviewed for admission until all documents are received by the department. It is your responsibility to monitor the status of your documents in the online application and to follow up with your referees if references are not received in advance of deadlines.
For MFC Program Applicants
- The application deadline for domestic and international applicants is April 15, 2019, with a corresponding documentation deadline of April 30, 2019.
- Applicants to the M.F.C. degree program who submit fully-complete applications by February 28, 2019, will receive preferential scholarship consideration. However, completed applications received after February 28, 2019, but prior to the final deadline of April 30, 2019, will also receive scholarship consideration.
- Applicants who wish to apply beyond the April 15th deadline are advised to contact the department.
For MScF and PhD Program Applicants
- Applications will be considered as they are received and offers will be made to successful applicants. It is therefore in the applicant’s interest to submit their application early, in advance of the document deadline indicated by the online application system.
- For early admission consideration, the online application and all documentation, including reference reports, must be received by January 18, 2019, at the Faculty of Forestry.
- For automatic consideration for prestigious awards specifically geared to international applicants, international applicants should submit their online application and all documentation, including reference reports, by January 29, 2018, at the Faculty of Forestry.
- The latest date which applications will be considered is April 15, 2019 (application deadline), with an April 30, 2019 documentation deadline.
NEW – January 2019 Start Date for PhD Domestic Applications
- Openings for Domestic PhD Students – Program Start – January, 2019
- The Faculty of Forestry is now accepting applications for PhD positions (domestic students) starting in January, 2019.
- Please indicate in your ‘letter of intent’ that you wish to start your program in January, 2019.
- Deadline: November 16, 2018 (applicable only for domestic PhD positions starting in January, 2019)
- Application form (Completed Online)
- Scanned transcript(s) (The application review process will begin with your scanned transcripts alone, however, for North American institutions other than University of Toronto, please submit an official transcript.)
- Copy of English-language test score, if applicable (see English Language proficiency)
- Curriculum vitae (resume)
- Letter of Interest (MFC only) or Letter of Intent (MScF/PhD only) See Admission Requirements for details
- Writing sample (MScF/PhD only) This should be a copy of or excerpt from what you consider to be your best publication or best essay. Please limit to 10 pages or less.
- Three Referee Reports, see Admission Requirements for details