Applications for the Master of Forest Conservation (MFC) program, the Master of Science in Forestry (MScF) program and the PhD program are received through an online submission process. We consider applications competitively, based on all documentation submitted, and according to the general regulations of the University’s School of Graduate Studies.
We consider candidates from a variety of undergraduate backgrounds including (but not limited to) biological, physical and social science, applied science and engineering, and forestry.
We will inform applicants of admissions decisions by mail as soon as possible after we receive your complete online application and application documentation. Applications will not be considered or processed until all parts of the application, including the application fee, have been received.
- Application form (Completed Online)
- Supervision: MScF and PhD students conduct research under the supervision of a faculty member (See Research Interests of our Faculty Members and Openings for MScF and PhD students). MScF and PhD applicants are not required to secure a supervisor prior to submitting an application, but must specify in their Letter of Intent one or more potential faculty members. MFC students do not need to identify a supervisor.
- Scanned transcript(s) (The application review process will begin with your scanned transcripts alone, however, for North American institutions other than University of Toronto, please submit an official transcript.)
- Copy of English-language test score, if applicable (see English Language proficiency)
- Curriculum vitae (resume)
- Letter of Interest (MFC only) or Letter of Intent (MScF/PhD only) See Admission Requirements for details
- Writing sample (MScF/PhD only) This should be a copy of or excerpt from what you consider to be your best publication or best essay. Please limit to 10 pages or less.
- Three Referee Reports, see Admission Requirements for details
- Applications and Admissions
- Student Video Testimonials
- Financial Support – MFC
- Financial Support – MScF and PhD